Hello everybody, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
For my version of blogmas (as decided like two minutes before making this post on the 4th), I am planning to put out a new Christmassy blog post every Wednesday of December. I am so excited! Christmas is my favorite holiday of all because everything about it is just cozy and happy – fireplaces, soft lights, tree smells, and sweaters.
I hope everyone has had a great December so far, and is getting into the Christmas spirit! If you don’t celebrate Christmas, I hope you are having a great winter and whatever winter holiday you celebrate!
So, without further ado, let’s get started with my first blogmas post as seen on A Grand Adventure:
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”: Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
The Darkling from Shadow and Bone. I am so sorry, but in the first book he stole my heart and I can’t get over him. He is an awful person in every single way and the plot twist at the end of the first book really broke my heart… like shattered it.
2. “All I Want for Christmas is You”: Which book do you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?
I have a whole lot of series I need to be finishing, but I’m actually hoping the most for two books that are first books of different series (RIP my TBR). I am mostly looking forward to Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes and Mistborn book 1 by Brandon Sanderson. I have heard about these two books so much on booktube, and I am hoping to start them soon.
3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”: Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
I feel like this is pretty much all YA characters, so this is hard. I feel like Mare does this in Red Queen maybe the best because she turns from being super innocent-tiny-little-girl to a baddie who isn’t afraid of anything and tries to save everyone she loves, and she works for what she believes in. I also apologize for my sudden use of the word baddie – it’s my way of saying they’re awesome without saying awesome or cursing.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”: a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list?
b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?
On the top of the naughty list, we definitely have Umbridge because she’s the foulest form of human being. On the top of the nice list is most definitely Percy Jackson because have you ever met such a pure demigod?
5. “Frosty the Snowman”: Which book just melts your heart.
Cruel Beauty melted my heart for days and days, and I have read a whole other book and started another one since reading it and it still makes my chest get all melty.
6. “Feliz Navidad”: Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
Most books I read are definitely not in my country because I read a lot of fantasy, so I’ll choose the coolest land, which has to be Prythian. The Night Court sounds so cool, and I really wish more happened in the town and the world than in castles, but Feyre was practically under house arrest most of the time she’s been in Prythian so I can’t blame her.
7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy?
Harry Potter x 1000. Ok, it isn’t holiday-themed at all, but it’s the only book I have read that has Christmas in it, I believe, and I love it, so I have to fit in somewhere.
8. “Sleigh Ride”: Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
I almost put down a character from my WIP before I realized it’s not a real book, yet. I would have to choose Chaol because he’s so sweet, and he’s my favorite character from TOG.
9. “Baby it’s Cold Outside”: Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
Firebolt by Adrienne Woods. I have a review of the book going up soon so you can see why, but my hatred for the tropes in this book burns o well that it could keep me warm.
10. “Do you hear what I hear”: Which book do you think everyone should read?
I feel like the Novice isn’t talked about as much as it should be, so I choose that book. It has a lot of Harry Potter-eske feelings without being a rip off of the series. There’s demon summoning and a boarding school setting – perfect, right?
For this post, I tag:
City of Books (Booktube)
Make sure you check out their blogs, and youtube channel, and watch for their tags!
Thank you for reading!